Ghanaian born American wrestler Kofi Kingston remember and was at its root Ghana with his mum and colleagues from the United States of America (USA)
The WWE champion Kofi Kingston visit to Ghana is a great excitement, according to him.
He was on Nana Aba Animoah’s tv show on GhOne TV a program named the state of affairs. The current world champion kept on highlighting many things about his life. He told the hostess about his determination and focus for past eleven years in wrestling and how he was able to battling for this tittle for the past eleven years. According to him, it took him eleven good years before coming to this far.
According to Kofi when he told his mum that he want to becomes a wrestler, it was beyond the mind that his mum didn’t tried to have any bad issues with him. Though invested a lot in him in his education for him to be graduated to perused what he’s offering. His mum rather advices him to be focus and try to mingle his new vision and his education together so that he can succeed well in future. This shows how a good woman is always and could be precious for any entire household to haved.
Through the interview he his support to women participation in sports and he encourage them to be in sports whenever they want to and also encouraged authorities and many more to support women sports. Close to the end of the show where Kofi Kingston stated to host and her thousands of viewers that becoming a great wrestler, apart from training hard and focusing one needs to be a very good communicator (talkative) as we know the communication directors and programme organisers are good at.
Doing this gives you more fans and people can also pay for listening to you by making happy.
This is one secret and the other one was also revealed at the Manhyia Palace.
WWE world champion Kofi also had the opportunity to visit the Asante hene Otumfuor Nana Osei Tutu ll in the Manhyia Palace, where he was introduced by one of the sub chiefs in the Ashanti which is the chief of his home town called Atwima-Takyiman. Kofi Kingston traditional from there because that’s her mums home town.
The Ashanti’s which are part of the Akan and not just that but also one of the strong pillars and the root od of the Akan tribe are from their mother’s side of family. Though tha Akans believes that the father is the one haven the strong influence on family and even he’s the one that his soul covers and protects the entire family especially on their blood children. But because of this doesn’t serve their children to come from their side of family but are only rather from their mother’s side as children. This the main reason why Kofi Kingston is from the Atwima-Tachiman rather than Ejisu. All in the Ashanti traditional area under the Ashanti Kingdom currently ruling by Otumfuor Nana Osei Tutu ll.
During the introduction by the Chief that introduced Kofi to the Manhyia Palace revealed to the Palace and the public another secrets.
- When Kofi removed his clothes there’s a symbols known by the Ashanti’s and the entire Akans as Akofena’ which like the sword in some part of the world. Among the Akans, the Akofena is use to sworn in whenever there a new ruler and dance with it by identifying authority that a king in any of the Akan traditional area has. The Akofena tatoo which is Kofi Kingston’s back means authority. As we know that most of the wrestlers that Kofi Kingston is competing with are having tattoos on their bodies which are all symbols and may have implications, explanations and reasons.
- Always pour libation before he fights. In the Akan tradition the way to communicate with God is to pour libation although Kofi Kingston was in Ghana when he was just a child but that’s that’s what he does and no one knows who taught him all this but the chief whose name wasn’t mention in the documentary but in the Akan tradition he can be strictly and straight forward called Nana, his introductions convinced that Kofi was not raised and trained in but understand and respect his culture well. If that’s the case then the rewards goes to his both parents.
The three secrets revealed by Kofi Kingston and the chief that introduced him to the Manhyia Palace.
- According to Kofi himself on Nana Aba Animoah’s programme, it is all about knowing how to talk
- The Akofena tatoo at Kofi Kingston back says all. By Nana
- Pouring of libation. By Nana
More about the Ashanti-Akans and the entire Akans: continue reading from our online Magazine dfkwebcasters.
on ; the Akans in general are considered to part or members of their mother’s family. Though the influence and the impact of