The Crank That rapper sent tweets to his five million followers saying his car “almost went into the ocean” before retweeting news stories covering mudslides in Malibu.
The 28-year-old – whose real name is DeAndre Cortez Way – also retweeted numerous fans’ online prayers.
He wrote: “Was involved in a very bad car accident last night due to a flash flood and mudslide.”
While retweeting a photo of cars stuck in sludge, the musician added: “My car got stuck too almost went into the ocean.”
The rapper, who rose to fame in 2007 with one of the internet’s early dance crazes, did not reveal any further details about his ordeal.
A third said: “Nothing can stop you, keep slaying them bro.”
Local media reports said mudslides and flooding shut down the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu near the Los Angeles and Ventura County line on Saturday.
It is unclear how many vehicles were left stuck as a result.
Rocks, branches and mud gushed over the major road and brought traffic to a halt, ABC7 said. No injuries have been reported.
Residents told the broadcaster the mud moved relentlessly and that they had to wade through several inches of the sludge to get to their homes.
The LA County Sherrif’s Department issued a “mudslide alert” on Twitter on Sunday warning of road closures following heavy rain in the region.
- Shock announcement! Dfkwebcasters ‘Happy’ moment of “temporary offline”
- Germany State benefits giving to asylum seekers reduce drastically compering to the previous.
- SHOCK! Rwandan gospel singer confirmed, “gay”. that he is
- BREAKING NEWS! “Another Nigerian Killed in South Africa”
- Deportation shrinks Gambian migrants in panic-Refugee council tells the Gambian Pre. Adama Barrow