Britney Spears cancels shows indefinitely after father ‘almost died’
“I’ve been looking forward to this show… so doing this breaks my heart. However, it’s important to always put family first.”
The singer is putting her Britney: Domination shows in Las Vegas on hold so she can help with her father Jamie’s recovery from “life-threatening health issues”, a statement on her website said.
Mr Spears underwent emergency surgery two months ago after suffering a ruptured colon, the star’s publicist confirmed to Sky News.
This is a limited version of the story so unfortunately this content is not available.
Open the full version
In a post on social media, Spears said that “it breaks my heart” to postpone the shows, but that “it’s important to always put your family first”.
In her full message to fans, she said: “I don’t even know where to start with this, because this is so tough for me to say.
“I will not be performing my new show Domination. I’ve been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart.
“However, it’s important to always put your family first… and that’s the decision I had to make.
“I hope you all can understand. More information on ticket refunds is available on britneyspears.com. I appreciate your prayers and support for my family during this time. Thank you, and love you all… always.”
Details of Mr Spears’ illness were given in a statement, which said: “Two months ago, Mr Jamie Spears became seriously ill and was rushed to Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas.
“After a long, complicated post-operative period, he is recuperating at home and gaining strength, and is expected to make a full recovery.
Ticket refunds for the shows are available, with details on the Britney Spears website.
Source: Sky UK
- A daily graphic journalist arrested for filming in Badu Kobi’s Church.
- I regret nothing and repeat the same I said last season – Messi on his Champions league promise.
- We will request Stonebwoy songs to be played in our stadium even if the player’s don’t do – FC Nordsjælland
- Badu kobi sings Shatta Wale’s “I know my level” and threaten his enemies.+video.
- “Oh yeah baby I love it” – Iyanya narrates Yvonne Nelsons’ reaction on their first time in bed.