In an unusually strong rebuke of the Senate, the kingdom said a resolution it drafted last week “contained blatant interferences” in its internal affairs and undermines its regional and international role.
Saudi has continually denied that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was involved in the planning of Mr Khashoggi’s death inside Istanbul’s Saudi consulate in October.
Donald Trump was dealt a fresh warning by the US Senate vote on Thursday for backing the Saudi regime, despite global uproar over Mr Khashoggi’s murder and the Yemen conflict.
Riyadh called it a “rogue” operation but the killing has severely tarnished its international reputation, with sanctions placed on nearly 20 Saudi nationals by Western countries including the US, France and Canada.
Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau said on the same day Ottawa is looking into ways to cancel a sizeable 2014 weapons deal with Saudi.
He had earlier said it would be “extremely difficult” to withdraw from the Can$15bn (£8.9bn) contract, signed by the previous conservative administration, without Canadians paying “exorbitant penalties”
“The murder of a journalist is absolutely unacceptable and that’s why Canada from the very beginning had been demanding answers and solutions on that,” Mr Trudeau told CTV on Sunday.
Force leaders to debate on TV
More than 120,000 people have signed the petition – have you?
“We inherited actually a (Can)$15bn contract signed by (former prime minister) Stephen Harper to export light-armoured vehicles to Saudi Arabia.
- A daily graphic journalist arrested for filming in Badu Kobi’s Church.
- I regret nothing and repeat the same I said last season – Messi on his Champions league promise.
- We will request Stonebwoy songs to be played in our stadium even if the player’s don’t do – FC Nordsjælland
- Badu kobi sings Shatta Wale’s “I know my level” and threaten his enemies.+video.
- “Oh yeah baby I love it” – Iyanya narrates Yvonne Nelsons’ reaction on their first time in bed.
- Badu kobi jabs Apietus, one of his critics in his latest statement.
- Jay Z signs Nigeria’s Chukwueze Samuel to his “Roc Nation Sports” family
- Neymar has told Paris Saint-Germain that he will not play again for them.