Mostafa Waziri, secretary-general of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, described the find as “one of a kind in the last decades”.
The tomb, found in the Saqqara pyramid complex near Cairo, is filled with colourful hieroglyphs and statues of pharaohs. Decorative scenes show the owner, a royal priest named Wahtye, with his mother, wife and other relatives.
Archaeologists will start excavating the tomb on 16 December, and expect more discoveries to follow – including the owner’s sarcophagus.
Egyptian mummification ‘recipe’ revealed
Cat mummies discovered in Egypt tombs
Here’s what they’ve found already.
About centuries tomb recently discovered in Egypt Saqqara conference Phyramid
- Shatta wale reacts to Stonebwoy’s congratulation message to him.
- Stonebwoy cogratulates Shatta wale prior to his collaboration with Beyoncé
- Barcelona activate Cucurella buy back clause.
- Shatta wale sets record as he features on Beyonce latest album as the only Ghanaian artist on it.
- Kofi Kinaata, Kumchacha Mama Zimbi and other celebs turns models on wo nsa ano adwuma reality show.